Among its missions, the QG-MM Action wants to promote the work of young physicists in less research-intensive European countries (Inclusiveness Target Countries or ITC).
To fulfill that goal, the QG-MM Action will open calls for Conference Grant (CG) applications. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected grantee. It is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the QG-MM CG Committee.
ITC CG Committee
ITC CG Manager: J. Bolmont (LPNHE, Sorbonne Université, Paris, France)
M. Risse (University of Siegen, Germany)
P. Vargas Moniz (UBI, Physics Dept & CMA, Covilhã, Portugal)
E. Guendelman (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel)
There is no call opened at the moment.
Due to the current situation with COV19 epidemic, most conferences are cancelled or organized online. The next call will be opened when the situation improves and conferences can happen again. The next opening will be announced through all available channels.
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant’s primary affiliation must be in one of the following Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC): Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of Serbia, Turkey.
- The applicant’s country must participate in the Action.
- The applicant must be a PhD student or an early career physicist (less than 8 years after the PhD).
- The applicant must make an oral or poster presentation at the conference and must be listed in the official conference program. The main subject of the contribution at the approved conference must be on the topic of the QG-MM Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the QG-MM ITC CG Committee (see the instructions below).
- The conference must end no later than 15th April 2020.
GRANTS awarded with previous calls
- Tomislav Terzic, “Recent results on LIV studies using the MAGIC telescopes“, Texas Symposium 2019, Portsmouth.