Job offers related to the Action topics
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates for a postdoctoral position in Theoretical Physics at the University of Lethbridge, Canada. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Physics with a strong research record and research proposal. Areas that will be considered include Mathematical Physics, Quantum Theory, Quantum Gravity, Cosmology, and Gravitational Waves. It is expected that the position will be partially funded by the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences via their competitive postdoctoral program (see http://www.pims.math.ca/scientific/postdoctoral) for one year, with the possibility of renewal for another year. Lethbridge is a small (population ~ 100k) but vibrant city in the province of Alberta, Canada, with excellent cultural and recreational opportunities, close to Calgary and the Rocky Mountains. Information about the department can be found here: https://www.ulethbridge.ca/artsci/physics-astronomy . Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, research proposal, and three letters of reference by 31 October 2022 directly to: Saurya Das and Mark Walton, Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com. If you applied to one of us for a postdoctoral position within the past year and would like to be considered for the current position, you are welcome to let us know and send us updated material, if applicable.
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates for a joint postdoctoral position in Mathematical and Theoretical Physics at the University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge. The selected candidate will be nominated for a Banting Postdoctoral position. The salary will be CAD 70,000 per year for two years, non-renewable. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, research proposal, and two recommendation letters, by June 15, 2022, to: Saeed Rastgoo and Saurya Das (Emails: srastgoo[AT]ualberta.ca, saurya.das[AT]uleth.ca). More details can be found here.
- The Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Lethbridge (Canada), is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure-track Position in Physics or Astronomy at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting as early as August 1, 2022. Details can be found here. Deadline for applications: Jun 1, 2022. Contact: Ken Vos (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Opepening of a post-doctoral position at Université Libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium, in astroparticle theory, including physics of high-energy cosmic rays, and theoretical interpretation of cosmic-ray data collected by the Telescope Array experiment, under the supervision of Prof. Peter Tinyakov. For more information, see <https://inspirehep.net/jobs/1992633>.
- The quantum gravity group at the Physics Department of the University of Naples “Federico II” is seeking candidates for two postdoctoral positions, one for which applications are already being accepted and one for which the application period will start at some point this coming Spring. Deadline for the first position is November 9 2021. Details can be found at https://web.infn.it/quagrapnapoli/job-opportunities/
- The University of Tartu, Estonia, offers the Dora+ fellowship for PhD student to visit the University of Tartu for collaborations during their PhD time for 1-10 months. Application deadline is October 20 2021 and all details can be found here. If you are interested please contact colleagues from the Laboratory for Theoretical Physics of the University of Tartu.
- Fully funded PhD scholarships are available at the University of Napoli “Federico II” (Italy), including two exclusively destined to non-Italian nationals, and an additional one for students graduated outside of Italy. Application deadline is May 27th 2021. The application process is described here: https://www.fisica.unina.it/en_GB/ammissione-dottorato. Successful applicants will be able to choose their advisor among the Faculties of the Physics Department, including members of the Napoli Astroparticle Group (NAP, http://www.astroparticle-th.unina.it/, contact person: Fabio Iocco, email@example.com).
- Tallinn University of Technology in cooperation with the National Institute Of Chemical Physics And Biophysics offers a 4-year PhD position in physical sciences. Thesis topic: “Rethinking the dark sector of the Universe – the interplay between inflation, dark matter and the Higgs boson”. Application deadline: 31/05/2021
- The Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of the University of Tartu calls for applications for the incoming postdocs Program of the Estonian Ministry of Science, which offers top researchers a 2-years postdoc position in Estonia. The research focus of the Laboratory lies on gravitational physics. Further topics covered and all application details can be found here. The application deadline is January 4 2021.
- 3-year postdoctoral position in gravitational wave physics and LISA data analysis at the University of Stavanger (Norway). The application deadline is November 18th 2020.
- The University of Tartu calls for applicants for the Dora Plus visiting PHD fellowships, for visiting the University of Tartu in 2021 for 1 to 10 months.
Deadline for applications: 15.11.2020. All details can be found at https://www.ut.ee/en/studies/dora-plus-grant-visiting-doctoral-students
Information about travel rules to visit Estonia during Corona times are collected from the University of Tartu here https://www.ut.ee/en/corona
- Six tenure track positions of Researcher in Astrophysics and Cosmology at CEFCA (Centro de Estudios de Física del Cosmos de Aragón), Spain. The positions are initially for five years, that will turn into a permanent Researcher Staff position after a positive evaluation before the end of the contract. The first deadline for submitting applications is Oct 15th at 23:59:59h CEST, but the call permanently open until the six offered positions are awarded.
- Two PhD positions and one postdoc position on gravitational wave physics at the University of Stavanger (UiS), Norway. Deadline for applications: August 16th 2020. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postdoctoral positions in gravitation and field theory at UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico. Deadline: late May for positions starting in February of the next year. For more info, please contact email@example.com
- PhD in cosmology at the Scuola Superiore Meridionale (Napoli, Italy). Deadline: 30 June 2020.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship on Gravitational Waves & Strong Gravity beyond GR in Cape Town University, South Africa. Deadline: 29 February 2020.
- Postdoctoral position “Gravitational-wave observations, fundamental physics and the nature of compact objects” in Zurich, Switzerland. Deadline: 15th February 2020.
- The Institute of Theoretical Physics (IFT UAM/CSIC) invites applications for two permanent faculty positions in the fields of Particle Phenomenology and Cosmology & Astroparticle physics. Deadline: first week of January 2020.
- PhD positions at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute, AEI) in Potsdam, Germany. Possible topics include gravitational waves, strong field gravity and cosmology. Deadline: 1oth January 2020.
- A new Prague Doctoral Program has been launched offering opportunities for PhD studies in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Cosmology, Astroparticle Physics, Fundamental Physics, and Theories of gravity at various institutions in Prague. The application deadline is January 15 2020.
- CEICO, Central European Institute of Cosmology and Fundamental Physics at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, welcomes applications for Postdoctoral Researcher positions in the fields of Cosmology and Gravity. Deadline: 6th January 2020.
- The Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Group of the Department of Physics at King’s College London offers two Research Associate (Postdoc) positions funded by the UK STFC, to start in Autumn 2020. Deadline: 8th December 2019.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in CAPA (Center for Astroparticle and High-Energy Physics, University of Zaragoza, Spain). Closing date: 20 December 2019 (although later applications will be considered until the position is filled).
- PhD student in Theoretical and Computational Astroparticle Physics at the Department of Physics of Stockhom University. Closing date: 5 November 2019
- The Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of the University of Tartu calls for applications for the Mobilitas + Program of the Estonian Ministry of Science, which offers top researchers a 2-years postdoc position in Estonia. The research focus of the Laboratory lies on gravitational physics. Further topics covered and all application details can be found here. The application deadline is January 6 2020.