Among its missions, the QG-MM Action wants to promote the work of young physicists in less research-intensive European countries (Inclusiveness Target Countries or ITC).
To fulfill that goal, the QG-MM Action will open calls for Conference Grant (CG) applications. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation, meal expenses and conference registration expenses of the selected grantee. It is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the QG-MM CG Committee.
ITC CG Committee
ITC CG Manager: J. Bolmont (LPNHE, Sorbonne Université, Paris, France)
M. Risse (University of Siegen, Germany)
P. Vargas Moniz (UBI, Physics Dept & CMA, Covilhã, Portugal)
E. Guendelman (Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel)
All members of the action from ITC Countries are welcome to send applications at any time.
All instructions and eligibility rules are given in the attached file:
Applications can be sent anytime before: 31st August 2022
Even if the situation with COV19 epidemic seems to improve, some conferences are still organized online. Some organizers ask for fees, even in the case of a video conference. It is possible to ask for a grant which will be used for fees payment.
The applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant’s primary affiliation must be in one of the following Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC): Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of Serbia, Turkey.
- The applicant’s country must participate in the Action.
- The applicant must be a PhD student or an early career physicist (less than 8 years after the PhD).
- The applicant must make an oral or poster presentation at the conference and must be listed in the official conference program. The main subject of the contribution at the approved conference must be on the topic of the QG-MM Action and must acknowledge COST.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the QG-MM ITC CG Committee (see the instructions in the attached file above).
- The conference must end no later than 15th September 2022.
GRANTS awarded with previous calls
- Tomislav Terzic, “Recent results on LIV studies using the MAGIC telescopes“, Texas Symposium 2019, Portsmouth.